Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring, and a Thousand Generations


I was away for two weeks, and my sweet husband had flowers waiting for me on my return. Thank you Honey. So glad to be home.

Spring arrived while I was gone. Daffodils are blooming, Spring is here! No matter how cold the winter, Spring comes again.


A few days ago (on the 11th), I came upon this verse in three different places, including my own blog in the Verse of the day, in the King James version:

Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;” (Deuteronomy 7:9)

and on XtnYoda's blog, a blog I had never visited before, in the version from the Holman Christian Standard Bible:

"Know that Yahweh your God is God, the faithful God who keeps His gracious covenant loyalty for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commands." ( Deuteronomy 7:9 )

What a beautiful promise. Christianity teaches us to honor our parents and grandparents, and to remember gratefully those who have gone before. So many of our blessings and the goodness in our lives came from them and their faith. Lord, please let my life be such that it can be another link in extending your promises through the generations to come. Thank You for the richness of Your Grace through all of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails