Sunday, December 6, 2009

"Not By Bread Alone"


I buy Sunbeam bread because it is very very soft, which is a requirement in white bread, and also because it is reasonable in price. I was touched by the image of Little Miss Sunbeam praying - and then I was stopped in my tracks by the unobtrusive phrase on my loaf of bread. Click the picture to enlarge it enough to see it. It quotes our Savior, who answered temptation by saying "It is written: Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

Little Miss Sunbeam was drawn from life by artist Ellen Segner in the early 1940's, according to the back of the package. That would have been within the WWII era. What a hopeful image and message this company is sharing with us still today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails